Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Decluttering and Re-Imagining


I have been de-cluttering my spirit over the past few months. I had descended into some bad habits over the years. If it only takes 30 days to initiate and maintain a habit, imagine how difficult it is to shed twenty years worth of bad habits!

But I realized that the best way wasn't in fact to navel-gaze for the rest of my life and try to figure out what I should keep and what I should throw out. The best way, for me, was to grab the toilet brush between my teeth, and to turn my back on habits that didn't make me happy, and to march into the sunset, toilet brush firmly held to remind me.

De-cluttering can mean anything at all! For me, it means moving towards play and saying "YES". It's so important to play. Ooooh, we are taught to feel so guilty all the time. I'm trying to break down my deep feelings of "having to be busy". If I'm not busy, what the hell am I taking up space for? What a silly idea. Plants aren't busy. But I'm not a plant. hmmm. 

I'd like to do these things: 
  • freedive in beautiful water
  • climb Mount Kilimanjaro
  • work as a midwife again
  • go into space and see the blue jewel of earth
  • kiss my grandchildren as often as possible
  • run long, long distances
  • organize all my books into subject
  • learn more about birds
  • go dancing
  • visit all my friends all around the world
  • learn about the constellations
  • spend months in the desert
What do YOU want to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment