Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thank You

I just want to say thank you to all the women who have invited me to attend their births over the past fifteen years. It has been an honor and a pleasure to accompany you through this important time of your life.
And if we only met once when you were in labor, and I rubbed your back but didn't understand your language, thank you. And if I've seen your first child born, and your second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh, thank you. And if I caught your baby when no one else was around, thank you. And if you gave birth in an hour and a half, thank you. And if I was with you for three days, thank you. And if I held you when you cried, thank you. And if I spoke to you for hours and you birthed in another city, thank you. And if you had a vaginal birth after a surgical one, thank you. And if you had a cesarean to save your baby's life, thank you.
Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being there with us! The birth of my boy was the most beautiful experience of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being there with us! The birth of my boy was the most beautiful experience of my life.

    ReplyDelete