Friday, December 24, 2010

Death and Housework

Last night I heard that one of my oldest friends - we're talking Junior High school, back in the early seventies - lost her husband the other day. A husband of many, many years: children, grandchildren, and a long and full life together. I am so sad for her. And, of course, as I have a husband too, know that it can happen to anyone at any time ... God forbid ...

So what do I do? I think about her all day, and I clean my house - dusting, sweeping, lighting the stove (that doesn't want to light today, and I keep thinking of his cremation and that final fire). I will cook a nice meal for tonight: baked salmon, roast chicken drumsticks and potatoes, challah, humous, various veggies, maybe a cake. Keep everyone on this side satisfied with their lot.

Light candles, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment