Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Montreal Birth Companions Radical Doulas



I am writing today mainly to praise and glorify! The radical, wonderful volunteer doulas who work alongside me in Montreal Birth Companions.

This month we are working with about ten women, from varied places across the globe, from China, Quebec, the Ukraine, the middle east and the Caribbean. I have each of these ladies assigned to two doulas, that's twenty doulas and many, many woman hours, and all of those hours are taken away from time spent at jobs, with family, or at other activities.

Some of the volunteers are doulas who are taking my doula course, but others are fully qualified doulas who still commit time to volunteering for this worthy cause.

MBC volunteers, you are amazing radical doulas. I love you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment